We did this last year, but after a week, decided 1st grade was a better fit. And he's feeling pretty smug that he's already done the first week of 2nd grade. Like that will give him some kind of upper hand among his peers. The only upper hand he has is that he is at least 10 feet taller than everyone else in his class. Well, maybe not that tall, but give him another year and he will have passed me. I know I'm not that tall, but I'm also not 8 years old.
Charlie is secretely excited about school starting. He slipped up the other day and accidentally told me he was excited. But quickly changed his mind when he realized that I might use that against him. He's a smart kid. Because I have reminded him of his hidden excitement several times. Once in front of his new teacher. I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes at me.
Yesterday was the first day of school. Handsome? Yes. Still secretely excited? Yes. Loving 2nd grade? Yes!!
You wanna know who wasn't excited? Sam. Felt a little abandoned by big brother who went off to play with all his big friends. Some big crocodile tears was all it took for Mommy to declare it a special treat day and off we went for a Happy Meal! While we were at the park later, another Mom asked me why he wasn't in school........Yes, he is also ginormously tall. But he's still my 4-year-old baby.
Anyone want to see a side-by-side comparison of 1st grade Charlie and 2nd grade Charlie? I do.
Tissue anyone? How do I make them stop growing up???
Excuse my cell phone pics and their horrendous quality.



1 comment:
You can't make them stop growing - in no time at all he will be 30!!!!! But he will always be his mom's baby! (Don't ever forget that!) Love you Sweet Daughter!
Post a Comment