Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gotcha.

Two years ago today, I was threatening to hop on a goat and head off down the undeveloped roads of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia if someone didn't take me to my boys fast.  We were just minutes away from them and couldn't get our driver to see the urgency of the situation.  I may have been in a slightly irrational state, but I just couldn't bear waiting another 3 hours, when I had already waited 18 months.  I mean, we were finally were on the same side of the world as them...

Stole Daddy's hat...

We were sitting outside because he was having the beginnings of what I can only assume was an asthma attack.  They had just started roasting coffee beans inside, which we learned very fast, threw him into a wheezing, coughing fit.  Fortunately I don't roast my own coffee beans, so it's no longer a problem.

Loved stickers...which we placed at random, all over our bodies.

Hanging out at the Guest House later that week!

Picking flowers for Mommy!

On our way to go get some dinner!!
More later on our 2nd year as a family of four...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look soooo little!!!!! We are so blessed to have these two special little boys in our lives! Happy Gotcha Day! We love you both very much!!!!! Papa & Gammy

Anonymous said...

While the boys have changed..I still see Charlie's sweet smile and Sam's eyes have remained the same. How wonderfully all of us have been blessed. Love you all. Gran