First, a million kudos to Kenny who has been Mr. Mom for the third and final weekend of this most recent wedding extravaganza. Seriously. I have no doubt that he would do it again in a heartbeat, but I know that it's also easier when you aren't being double teamed. And half of that team locks you out of the house (and car) while you are trying to get ready to leave for church. Thanks for that little bit of entertainment, Sam.
Now, on to wedding excitement.
Thursday night was full of girly fun at a local tearoom as we bridesmaids were treated to dinner. It only took Dara and I passing the place no fewer than 47 times to find it. But it was well worth the drive for great food, good company and lots of laughs. We laugh a lot really. I'm pretty sure my rock hard abs are from laughing. Not the 2 and half sit-ups I so faithfully do each night before bed. Pretty sure.
Friday night had us dodging tornados again, but we are getting pretty good at doing that. We joined everyone for a pre-wedding shrimp boil and hand-dipped ice cream. I'm pretty much ate shrimp and cheddar garlic biscuits until I was almost sick. And then ate some ice cream. And laughed some more.
Honestly, it takes little more to entertain us than somewhere for us to be loud. We are our own entertainment. Good food is just a bonus. And I discovered what my love language is this weekend, which was fitting since it was wedding time. Sarcasm. Yep, sarcasm. Thank you Matthew, for helping me realize that. We decided the guy that wrote the love languages book missed a whole market of people when he skipped this. And I'm glad to know that Kenny and I can speak to each other using this language of sarcasm and still know that the love is real.
| A stunning group, really. Although I look half asleep... |
| "Virginia. I'm sick." That's all I have to say about that. |
2 comments:
The last picture of you and Dara is SO good! Looks like you guys had a great time.
Beautiful girls!!!! Special friends!!!! Precious memories!!!!(Mom Hill)
Post a Comment