Thursday, April 28, 2011

Little Birdies

We have birds.

Not as bad as having bugs.  And really what we have right now is eggs.  A little birdie made a nest on the windowsill of our bathroom a few weeks ago and when I checked on it this week, four little blue eggs had been added.

Sam has actually become quite obsessed with the "eggs" and we have to check on them at least 47 times a day.  "I wanna see the eggs.  Mommy, can I see the eggs?  I wanna see the eggs!!"  Again.  And again.  And again.  And every time we open the window Mama Bird gets real mad and chirps and chirps at us from a perch across the yard until we leave her alone again.



I'll keep you updated on our little interlopers when they appear from their blue shells.  Maybe we'll name them. 

Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Lauren said...

my suggestion is to stay far far away. i have been dive bombed by overprotective mama birds before and it aint cool!!! ...the nest pic with blue eggs is quite pretty tho!

Kelly Johnson said...

Jana, we have a nest just like that in the awning of our front porch and Hallie is obsessed with it, too. Our robin family has been there three years in a row (even when Josh removed the nest completely--they just built it back). Ours have hatched and it's cool to watch them be fed and everything. It's a pretty great educational tool!