Saturday, April 09, 2011

Bad plan.

One of the flaws that I have as a human being is if I get it in my mind that I'm going to do something, then there is little anyone can do to change my mind.  I'm going to do it exactly how I had planned regardless of the other circumstances that may come about. 

For example, recording the obviously irreplaceable memories that my family is making.

I had decided before we even went to Georgia that I was going to take pictures of the boys next to the picturesque stream that I was sure we would be camping near.  So, the last afternoon we were there, I HAD to take the boys pictures.  HAD to.  It was part of the plan.  Even though Sam hadn't had a nap in at least 5 days and it was definitely showing.  And Charlie was in a foul mood for an unknown reason and smiling wasn't high on his priority list at the time.

Still, I had planned on taking these pictures and I was going to get them no matter what.  So, two ill boys, their equally annoyed father, overzealous mother and cheerleader grandmother, took a walk down to the creek and embarked on a picture taking adventure.

Bad plan.


Sam:  "I'm pretending to yawn, Mom. 
Charlie:  "This is the most excited I can possibly get about this.  Therefore, I will give you the same blank look
and generic non-smile for every single picture you take.  You're welcome in advance."

"This is the biggest, cheesiest smile I can muster."

"Ooooo, I bet those kids over there are having fun.  I wonder how much longer this will take..."

"I'm not smiling any bigger than this.  Absolutely refuse."

"I forgot...did you want GOOD pictures?"

"How's this??  Biggest smile I have in me!"
As punishment for not allowing me to get decent pictures, I will now drag them to the local photography studio so that I may document for all the world to see, what Charlie and Sam looked like at ages 8 and 4.  Where they will behave perfectly and give wonderful smiles to someone they have never met.  I can almost guarantee it.

Sigh.

Oh, well.  I tried. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.  So, maybe I got a few that are just OK...



No comments: