Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Join me.

The last of the Lynch posts have been added to the Spencer County blog and I thought you (all 3 and a half of you that read) would like to see the pictures from the last day. You are going to want to turn up your speakers for this one!

And this is random, but I read this verse the other day and I just keep coming back to it. I'm also going through the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan with our women's group at church. It's definitely a book that will put you in your place and I have enjoyed it, but this verse seems to some up what I've taken so far from the book.

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 (ESV)

I'm still a tad bit (OK, a lot bit) overwhelmed that there is such poverty just a few hours from my own home. And I'm sure it's also as close as my backyard, just not as widespread as entire counties. I'm pretty sure I saw people living better in Ethiopia than in Lynch and that's just shocking.

Please join me in keeping the city of Lynch and the surrounding counties covered with prayer. From what we've been told, people just feel hopeless, as if they can't shake the devastation that they feel they live in. It's disturbing to know they feel like they have no hope, when hope is so close. If they would only embrace it. Specifically, pray that the people there open their hearts and are receptive to those that are trying to share the love of Christ.

No comments: