I have always loved blogging, more for myself than anyone else--although, I'm completely open to blog stalkers, as I am one myself--, and have often found myself writing about things I am passionate about or what is going on in the Cook abode at the current time.
That being said, I am having a hard time returning to normal. Although, we never really had a normal, but our un-normal is taking some time to return to normal...following me?
I feel bad carrying on with life, going to church, doing fun things with the kids, vacuuming the house, cooking supper, grocery shopping...I know Katie doesn't intend for me to shut down life just because she is having a party in Heaven, but I have had to fight the urge to do just that. And I'm fighting it with unnecessary business just to keep my mind from going places I don't want it to.
And because I blog about life in general, right not it's just going to have to take a backseat. I am going to take a hiatus, of sorts. It may last 2 days. It may last 2 months. I make no promises. I am non-committal.
Katie was supposed to fly into Louisville this past Tuesday to spend the week with us, with the rest of the family (like, ALL of them) joining us for the extended weekend. They arrived this afternoon...I looked into the living room this evening after dinner to see everyone watching as the cousins climbed on their great uncle as if he were a jungle gym. (Don't worry. Although he is graying, the chances of them actually breaking him are little to none.) Katie's picture sat there too, as an all too present reminder of her absence, but displaying her sweet smile...
I know it's still just shock, but I feel like one day this fog will just lift and all will be right again. Life just doesn't seem real right now. And Katie, just in case you are wondering, I'm a little ticked you left me here with all these yahoos by myself. You know we were the only two normal ones...geez...
My mixed emotions, current lack of coping skills, along with the constant pain that she isn't here for me to send a text to every half hour can't handle losing the amount of brain power it takes for me to blog right now. I need that brain power to return to my un-normal normal.
I will return. Just give me some time...
For the LORD gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6
5 comments:
Praying for you Jana!
I was just praying for you this morning, and will continue.
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34
Dear Jana, You take all the time you need. I will continue to pray for God's grace and comfort to cover you.
I agree and relate to how you are feeling...I feel like I'm doing something wrong with trying to do daily things.....I KNOW God is going to help us through this...I just know it. He loves us waay to much to just let us fend for ourselves spritually...and I know you know that too. I love you.
Haha
p.s.-I resent the statement of you and katie being the only normal ones! Pop's normal too!
love you and praying.
Post a Comment