Sunday, May 02, 2010

29 Things I can't live without...

  1. Jesus. 'Nuf said.
  2. Kenny. Double 'nuf said.
  3. Two little boys from Ethiopia. Maybe you have met them...they answer to Charlie and Sam...
  4. Friends. I'm not gonna start naming names, but I honestly don't know how people get along without 'em. And of course, family falls in this category, too.
  5. Paper towels. So, yeah, they aren't environmentally friendly, but what could be better than a single sheet of paper that instantly cleans up a mess and then goes right in the garbage with the mess on it?
  6. Nothing...except maybe a baby wipe, which runs a close 2nd to the paper towel for those messes which occur on...well, those of the human persuasion.
  7. Flip flops. Add t-shirts and comfy pants to that list and I'm fully clothed and ready to go!
  8. Baby lotion. Call me crazy, but one of the best lotions every created. If you can get past the perpetual baby smell...
  9. Pasta. Of any shape or size. Covered in any sauce or even just plain. Yummy!
  10. Granola bars. Not attached to any single brand, although I prefer Quaker Chewy or Nature Valley Chewy, but they are a must have snack for anyone! They fit in a purse, a diaper bag, a pocket and are quick to relieve any munchies that might strike!
  11. Any Lysol product. I'm a Lysol junkie. If it's on sale, I'm buying it. And I don't trust much else to clean my house.
  12. Organization. Without it, life would be chaos. I'm only okay with organized chaos. I've often thought about renaming the blog that. "Organized Chaos"...What do you think?
  13. My camera. Now that the two little boys listed above occupy...well, all of my time...I have to take pictures of them. All the time.
  14. Zyrtec. I am definitely allergic to Kentucky. In the past month, I have spent significant time in two other neighboring states. Upon return to Kentucky...I get sick.
  15. Adoption. Really, must I explain this one. Without it, life would just plain suck...
  16. Technology. Cell phone, the internet...I am far from a tech junkie, I just need to stay in touch with people, stalk blogs and Facebook, etc. Just the basics will do.
  17. Baby powder. (Between that, the wipes and the baby lotion, you would think I had a newborn in the house...) If you have super oily hair, like my father blessed me with, running a handful of baby powder through your hair is almost as good as a wash if you need to go out at the end of the day.
  18. The Grocery Game. And coupons. Now, if you are paying full price for your groceries, I'm just gonna go ahead and call you a fool. With a little bit a time each week and a handful of coupons, you could potentially cut your grocery bill in half. YES! I said in HALF!! Check out this website for more info...and no, they aren't paying me, but if you list me as a referral, I could potentially benefit! It literally pains me to pay full price for anything...
  19. Summit Energy. This is where Kenny works...and literally...I can't live without them...
  20. Dark chocolate. A million times better than the regular kind!
  21. A good orthopedic doctor. This is kinda a joke, but on the other hand, if you consider the amount of money we have spent on my orthopedic disasters over the last 10 years, then it really is a must need kind of thing.
  22. My watch. I recently got a new one since the Fossil I got in 1995 was showing it's age. Sometimes I don't even use it. I just need to know it's there.
  23. The radio. When I'm driving. When I'm cleaning house. Just all the time. I don't prefer silence.
  24. My raincoat. (Which has been a necessity this weekend as we were actually on the lookout for Noah and his ark.) I am anti-umbrella. I would prefer to have my hands free and I tend to break umbrellas. It's harder to break a raincoat.
  25. Seasonings. Things like garlic, red pepper, rosemary, basil, oregano, basic salt and pepper... I despise bland food. I'm certain I over season most everything, but I also have a kid who eats habanero sauce like ketchup, so I guess it's okay.
  26. Pop Tarts. I personally don't care for them, but the boys would probably eat them for 2 out of 3 meals (don't worry, I don't allow that). I know it's not the healthiest choice, but man, it makes breakfast easy.
  27. Sunshine. Just makes me happy. Happier.
  28. Free time. Without it, how in the world would I have time to do ridiculously important things like...blogging.
  29. Nap time. I only need one nap a week. My [wonderful] husband allows that on Sunday afternoons. Sam needs one everyday. And somedays, I need him to take it more than he does.

I could go on, but I should really wrap this up...Happy 29th...

EDITOR'S NOTE: These are in no particular order of importance. For the most part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday "Precious One"! We love you bunches! - Mom & Dad