I know it's been quite a while since y'all have experienced Jana's Nature Segment, so I'll indulge you. We have a new friend "living" with us. I have named him Willie Wonka (yes, I'm silly!) and he is brown with a little white fluffy tail and floppy ears! We often see Willie Wonka in the morning or afternoon nibbling on our grass in the yard or hopping around in the field behind our house. He likes to hop around the rocks in the backyard. He usually visits us daily, but has yet to let us get too close...believe me, I tried to pet him! My plan is to offer him a carrot and see what happens...(Katie, he looks like Spencer!)


And to add some excitement and spice to the Nature Segment, we were chased...yes, chased...by a possum on Friday night. Before you fall over laughing, let me explain. So, we are hanging out with our good friends, the Jolly's, on the 4th and we are sitting outside on their porch watching fireworks. It was raining, so we were sitting on the steps. Nicole mentioned she smelled "wet animal"...still not sure what that smells like, Nicole...about the time we see this fat possum run across the bottom stair. In the next few seconds, there is a clap of thunder or a firework or something that spooked the little critter and it headed straight up the steps after us!! I don't think we've moved that fast in long time and I'm pretty sure I knocked somebody over trying to get inside! And unlike the cute bunny, the possum didn't get a name...I'm hoping not to see him again!
He proceeded to wander around the outside of the house the rest of the evening, but we managed to avoid any other direct contact! Yuck...makes me shudder just think about it!
3 comments:
He's so cute!! I hope he's still there when I come to visit! which is only like, a month away!! I'm so excited!!!
Hey - I am glad you found my blog - I"m going to add yours as a link on my page!! I'll be sure to follow along in your journey! We did get to see some pics of our "new" guy today - but we are waiting on more details coming in the mail soon!!!
I'll follow along your journey too!!!
Dont put him in your neigbor's yard! He'll get bushhogged like Tiny Tim the Turtle did :(
Post a Comment