Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CSI: Louisville

Good news...Kenny & I are not criminals! As if there was actually any concern........ We had a totally and completely uneventful trip to the Gene Snyder U.S. Courthouse in downtown Louisville yesterday morning. We were the first people in the office...handed over our completed I-600a paperwork, sent downstairs to be fingerprinted...had to wait in line behind a nice fellow from the Ukraine...they fingerprinted each of us using their super-cool CSI-like digital fingerprint scanner and we were on our way. Whole process took less than 45 minutes! Our biggest problem was that neither of us thought to bring change for the parking meter, but the nice security guard gave me change for a dollar and took care of that problem pretty fast! And I was really pumped and hoped that this would be like my own little CSI adventure getting fingerprinted and all, but it was surprisingly boring. God was watching out for us... : )

And props to Tera, who heads up the adoption ministry at our church, for coming to the rescue Monday night and helping me fill out our I-600a! They ask these crazy questions and apparently whatever your gut tells you to answer, you should just go the opposite way! That's the government for ya!

Next...our second visit with our adoption social worker next Tuesday, July 22nd.

No comments: