And on to my dad rocking, turns out our home study agency wanted me to have an additional background check run, by the state instead of by an independent agency, which is how it was done the first time around. So, I called the Alabama Department of Public Safety (fancy name for the police) and they directed me to an online form that needed to be submitted by mail and would take 4-6 weeks to process! 4-6 weeks?!? Dad to the rescue! The form can be submitted in person, which takes all of about 15 minutes (so why does it take 4-6 weeks to mail it to me?!?) in the lovely state capital of Montgomery, Alabama. And since Dad is a world traveler of sorts and he passes through Montgomery about once a week, he is going to take the form down there for me!! Thanks Dad!! Next hurdle...the form needs to notarized. After a quick call to Nicole (who obviously knew I was going to need a notary), she informed me that she had already set up a notary to be at church on Sunday to sign kid's camp forms! Problem solved! How lucky are we?!?
I'm not gonna attribute it to luck, but that God is really a step ahead of us all through out this process. These may be little things, but it's the little things that grow our faith BIG! We serve an awesome God and He never fails us! I can't stop smiling! Doesn't take much to make me happy...wonder how I'll respond when we actually get to the point of receiving a referral... :)
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuturonomy 31:8 (NIV)
God ROCKS. 'Nuf said.
2 comments:
1. God rocks!
2. I LOVE the little things.
3. I've been reading in Deuteronomy, and LOVE this passage as well as the other million times it is repeated in that book alone!
4. Deut. 31:8 was one of Mrs. Hicks' favorites.
5. God rocks...did I mention that?
6. Oh yea, I heart the cooks and your road to adoption. :)
The more I follow your lives, the more I have to agree - God Rocks! Much love. Lisa
Post a Comment