...The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised. Job 1:21
Today has been interesting...
From the beginning of this adventure, we have pursued international adoption and all along the way, we have had different people ask, "Are you interested in domestic adoption?". Our answer has always been the same, that we just felt that God was leading us towards international adoption. An explanation of sorts, if I may, international adoption is almost an extension of the passion and desire that we have for the mission field.
We had an opportunity presented to us earlier today by our adoption agency to be matched with a child from South Carolina that hadn't even been born yet. I'll be honest, we were totally caught off guard and not really sure what to think. After the initial shock, lots of questions...Is this God's way of changing our path? Can we do this with only 2 months notice? We have NOTHING for a baby! What? How? When? Ahhhhhh..........This was a loop we definitely hadn't planned for. But two facts I had to keep reminding myself: We have prayed for a child to be added to our family for some time...and God doesn't always answer our prayers the way we expect Him to. (Shouldn't I know this by now...?)
Long story short, I received an email late this evening and God has found a match for this little girl and totally shut the door for us on this opportunity. That was our prayer, to make this decision very clear to us...shut and open the right doors! I'm not sure exactly what the lesson learned is going to be yet...possibly to TOTALLY and COMPLETELY trust God with all even when it catches us off guard, or is He preparing us for another domestic adoption opportunity and all the talk and conversations and prayers over this are just a taste of what's to come? Only God knows...
I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. Job 42:2
On a side note, I shared coffee and a time of fellowship at Starbucks this evening with several ladies from our church who are in the process of adopting or have already completed adoptions. It was awesome to see how God is working in each family's life to make adoption happen for them. Thanks to each of you for your encouraging words as we talked through this opportunity tonight...And who let me order the caramel frappacino? I'm wired. And up for at least 2-3 more hours!!
2 comments:
Praising the Lord that He makes His plan known one step at a time. He wants to see you at a point where you are completely prepared to trust Him no matter His plan. To be fully prepared to follow Him. He will do an amazing work in the lives of you and Kenny all the way through the process. Work that you would've not imagined. I'm excited for you....Now I just need a pic of the two of you to put over Ethiopia :) ~Tera
Praises to the Lord for a clear answer. We will be praying you through your adoption journey and can't wait to see what God has in store for you.
Teresa
Post a Comment