Friday, November 16, 2012

Name calling.

Baby girl does have a name.

Other than baby girl.  We call her by her name around her, so I guess it’s time to share with the rest of the world.

A little background on how we come up with names around here.  Both the boys’ names are family names.  And their middle names are their given Ethiopian names, giving us Charles Nuredin and Samuel Edaso.  Merging their two heritages together.  Yes, their names are fairly traditional.  On purpose.  We are fairly traditional people.  Well, most of the time.  Their names are also shortened to what we actually call them…hence, Charlie and Sam.  Keep that in mind.

Fast forward to discussions about what to name baby girl.  We soon found ourselves agreeing on only one choice.  Really there was no actual discussion.  It was suggested and agreed upon almost in the same breath.

Most of you know that I lost my little sister in a car accident about two and half years ago.  Her name was Katie Elizabeth.  In her honor, our third born will bear Katie’s name as…

Elizabeth Kathryn
AKA Ellie Kate

See…traditional, yet easily shortened and honoring her aunt and the sweet sister that she was to me!  And yes, we will take her given Chinese name into consideration and add it to her name in some fashion.  She just may hate us come standardized testing time when she has to bubble in four names…

The only downside…the last few times someone has asked me about her name, I’ve been unable to actually answer the question because I don’t have full emotional control over myself.

But that's Katie's fault. 
Now you have a name...so join us in praying for Ellie Kate to be safe and happy and healthy and to join her family SOON!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love the name....but I am a blubbering mess as I read this. Your sister is honored :)