Many of you have asked, so here is a breakdown of what’s
going on and what steps are next…
1. We
are still waiting on our USCIS approval.
Hopefully that will show up in the next month or so.
2. We
went last week for fingerprinting. It
was very different from last time since we had appointments this time
around. We were at the courthouse less
than 20 minutes. And other than a clerk
that almost experienced the wrath of Preschool Teacher Jana because he refused
to use his words and instead just jerked me around where he needed me to stand
to get my fingerprints, it was an uneventful process. Plus, I scored a lunch date with my husband
in the process. Win-win for all
involved.
3. I
am getting our dossier documents together (AKA all the stuff that goes to China on our
behalf). That will all be sent
immediately when our USCIS approval comes in (AKA I need to get that done
soon so as to not delay that process.
Like tomorrow…).
4. I
apparently like to use AKA. And
parentheses.
5. Next,
we wait. For a referral. Usual timeframe is 3-6 months. Maybe longer.
Maybe less. Who knows? This is the part that I have to completely
trust in the Lord for. Because I’ll get
all worried and wonder when it will all happen.
It’s a lot of unknowns and I don’t do unknowns. I do lists and calendars and planning and
preparing. Not unknowns. Just ask my husband. Because he will bear the brunt of my stress
over this.
6. We
get a referral. YAY! Timeframe from there is roughly 3
months. Again, this is international
adoption. And while China has a very stable and predictable program
unlike how Ethiopia
was when we were in process with the boys, you are still dealing with the
government of another country. Things
could change, go faster, go slower at any time with little or no notice. Oh, you’re stressed out by all the
uncertainties?? Yeah. Me too.
7. Let’s
go to China ! When we travel, we will spend a week in her
providence and another week in Guangzhou . If I had to guess/plan/project, I’d say we
will travel sometime next summer. Now, China did not
approve this plan or ask my opinion, it’s simply my thoughts on how it should
go (AKA I can’t proceed with life without some sort of plan, so I pretend I
know what’s going on…).
8. Come
home.
That’s what our next few months will look like. Sam asks me on a regular basis if he can see
a picture of his baby sister. Like I’m
holding out on him and not letting him see her.
And Charlie is just worried about where he will stay while we are
gone. Clarifying that he wants to stay
here. Not go to China . My poor child…just like his Mommy needing to
know every step of every day…
Sam, on the other hand, asks every other time we pull out of
the driveway if we are on our way to China . He doesn’t quite have that concept of distance
and oceans and miles and miles away…
So we continue to gather paperwork. And wait.
And trust that God has our precious baby sister hand picked and waiting
at just the right time for her forever family.
No comments:
Post a Comment