But it did meet all my criteria. Cheap: check! Easy: check! Can I get the ingredients without having to go to 47 specialty food shops? Check!
Without further ado, Farfalle with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream. And in case you don't follow proper pasta names, that's bow ties!
And because I can't follow a recipe to save my life, here's what I did different...
I used already ground hot italian sausage and a little less crushed red pepper. Mainly because we tend to light little Sam on fire if I cook the way the rest of us like it. We can always add the heat...but you can't take it away.
I also don't usually cook with actual onions and garlic. I love the flavors, but if I bite into an onion or especially a clove of garlic, it's just all over for me. I'm done with the meal. It's that bad. So I substituted dried onion flakes and garlic powder. Same taste. None of the work. (I'll admit, that also plays into my onion and garlic adversion.)
I used dried basil. Mainly because that's what I had. And secondly, if I had added little visible green leaves...Sam would have sat there for an hour picking them out before he ate. Less of a headache for us all if he can't see them.
And I just used plain 'ol Kroger brand shredded Italian cheese. We aren't fancy enough around here for Pecorino Romano. Regular old romano works just fine.
![]() |
| No. That's not how I served it. You get it straight outta of the pan it was cooked in around here. Why would I dirty another dish?? Photo credit. |

No comments:
Post a Comment