He was working. Just not at work. While we were gone, Kenny and a couple of buddies embarked on the adventure of assembeling the biggest birthday present the boys had ever gotten.
| "Hey!?! Is that for us?" |
| Fun for all! |
| Best buds! And no, Charlie's not asleep, just doped up on too much antihistamine. |
Don't worry. We re-lit the kid's candle and he finally got it blown out himself. Just glad we did cupcakes, cause that was an awful lot of hot air and spit directed at that little candle to get the flame out.
We opened presents which consisted of lots of Transformers, lightsabers and Cars cars. And clothes. But that's what great-grandma's are for!
We also hung out with buddy, Jamison. And even though Jamison is a senior in high school, I'm pretty certain the boys think he is their age. I think the feeling of friendship is mutual though.
We went back out to jump until dark and I would be lying to say Mommy & Daddy didn't try out the trampoline. I mean, it was strictly for safety. Can't have them flinging their bodies all over something that isn't safe. We just needed to check it out...
| Excuse my trampoline hair. |
Yeah. We've still got it. Just call us the cool parents. Although, I'm not sure how cool it is to pee a little when you bounce too high. I mean, is that normal??
Probably too much information. I digress.
So, we ended a fun day. Sam declared the trampoline "the best present ever" which made all the planning soooo worth it.
Happy birthday, you two! I just have one request...stop growing. Please?
NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: Many thanks to the grandparents who contributed to help us buy "our very own trampoline!" Sam's words. Not mine.
2 comments:
Our kids got one from Santa and they LOVE it! I have the same problem you do. :) I guess it's old age. We are having a monkey party for Weston's 2nd birthday and I wish yall could come - would love to see you and know how much your boys like monkeys. Happy to keep up with yall through the blog! Love yall!
Yes, I believe the friendship is a mutual one with Jamison and the boys. They are little brothers he never had!! Love all of you!!
Post a Comment