

The Hill Tour Bus (aka Dad's car) left Birmingham, AL on Friday morning with Mom, Dad, grandparents: Mom Peg and Pop, and little sis, Katie, in tow! We showed them around Louisville a little, including the campus. Then we headed to one of our favorite places...Huber Farm in Starlight, IN...for a little fried chicken!! Katie and I had a little fun on the see-saw before dinner.

We have been enjoying our summer break. Even though we both obviously still have to work, we have no evening commitments, such as class, Bible Study, church, etc., during the summer. We have used our extra time to just relax, work out (Kenny probably doesn't put that in the category of "relaxing"), spend time with friends, go grocery shopping together (believe it or not,we actually have fun), go to a Louisville Bats game or two, cook dinner together, or just have a quiet night at home. After writing all that out, I make us sound like a couple of senior citizens! Ha! We DO still know how to have fun, I promise!
Well, everyone have a great 4th of July! As we celebrate our independence, don't forget what our country was originally founded on...our faith in God. In this time where people are scared to proclaim the Lord's name and share Jesus' love, Kenny and I want to remind you that God has a firm hold on our nation and an ultimate plan for us all. Jesus loves YOU!
"He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God." --Joshua 4:24 (Joshua, the 12 stones and the Jordan)
3 comments:
Hey Jana,
Thank you for the reminder about what our country is truly founded on! I hope you and Kenny have a safe and blessed 4th!
yay for seesaws!!!
yay for pictures & updates... =)
Post a Comment