So, last night we went to see Shakespeare's Measure for Measure at Central Park in downtown Louisville with some of our friends. Each summer the Kentucky Shakespeare Festival puts on the free plays in the park. I thoroughly enjoyed being outside on such a nice summer evening in the company of great friends, but I haven't a clue what the play was about!! They might as well been speaking another language...
As we got in the car to go home, I told Kenny, "I guess I'm cultured now."
To which he promptly responded, "Sleeping through Shakespeare doesn't make you cultured!"
Followed by, "You are from Alabama...you can't be cultured!"
Oh, well! Guess I'll try again next year...
5 comments:
You don't have to understand Shakespeare to be cultured. The majority of the 6 Billion people on earth don't understand Shakespeare, yet a lot of them are cultured!!!
I am just proud you two went to a Shakespeare play! Love you.
Cultured?
Woo hoo!
Cultured?
Wooo Hoooo!
Even buttermilk is cultured.
Cultured???
Wooo Hoooo!!!!
Even buttermilk is cultured.
Post a Comment