I'm doing it.
I'm making no promises on how often it will be updated, but the 'ol blog is being resurrected.
Let's just take a moment and let that soak in..... This. Is. A. Big. Deal.
I know, I know.... I let the world know over a month ago that the Cook 5 was growing again and then just left you hanging........
So here's the quick and dirty on the details. Hopefully, in the next year, we will welcome a new baby sister from China!
We are in the process of getting our home study updated (again.) and could be matched at any point. Since we are practically experts (right....) in our tiny world of hearing loss and we have the best support system in the WORLD in our doctors and teachers and therapists and schools...we have requested a child that is hard of hearing or deaf. I know that sounds like craziness to some people, but knowing that God has called us to adoption, specifically special needs adoption, and that we have all these amazing people around us...I can't imagine why we wouldn't take off down this path again. I've always said that having a child who is deaf is the easiest hard thing I've ever done.........so let's do it again!!
Which leads me to my next point....
We will be doing several fundraisers for this adoption, with the first being a t-shirt. This is our first run at a t-shirt fundraiser, but I have high expectations from you guys!! Read as: buy a shirt. Now.
Because of our sweet Ellie Kate and our new little one waiting for us, this shirt has a special inspiration tied to hearing loss that is also just universal. Even though EK didn't hear sound until she was 27 months old, she knew the "I love you" sign very early on....we also taught our boys this sign when they first came home and we were dealing with major language barriers. It was around the clock charades up in here, no lie! I digress.... Kenny and I also used this sign when were just dating. But I'll spare you the sappy details. Needless to say, it's kinda just become something our family does.
| Love. No translation needed. $20 each -- sizes 2T through Adult 3XL available! |
I love this shirt.
Not only does the design point to something close to our hearts, but it's one of those super soft t-shirts you want to wear everyday.
So no judgement if you order one to wear everyday...
Our goal for this shirt is to raise enough money to help us cover our next agency fee, which is about $3,500. I'm just being transparent with you guys. Adoption ain't cheap. And that's a bunch of t-shirts!
This t-shirt will be a pre-order. Orders will be taken through July and hopefully delivered/shipped out mid-August at the latest.
To help us maintain some sort of sanity with this, please use the link below to place your order and then you can use Paypal, Venmo, check, cash, whatever to pay for your shirts. I will be more than willing to hand deliver, meet, or ship shirts to anyone who wants one, so don't let location be a deterrent!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts from walking on this journey once again with us!! We are very excited and couldn't imagine adopting again without the overwhelming support from our family and friends that always floods our way! We covet your prayers as we prepare for big changes for our family.
And don't forget to order your shirt!!
P.S. I'll update the pics on the blog soon. I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment