The day.
That's the chapter that got me. Sitting in mechanic's waiting area waiting on my car. While sobbing.
I've done that, been there.
The moment you are handed the child you've only know on paper for MONTHS.
It's nothing at all like you expected it would be. And so much more than you could ever imagine.
"...God's plan became crystal clear when from first sight, I knew I would die for her. She wasn't a stranger; she was simply mine."
Yep.
And Jennifer Phillips lays it out perfectly in her book Bringing Lucy Home.
I was given the opportunity to read and review this book after following the Phillips' family story in real life last year.
Ya'll. It's every adoptive parents nightmare.
You know going into adoption that anything can happen. Anything. Agencies spend countless hours preparing you for the unknown...preparing you to parent a child whose history could be vague at best. You can wait months upon months. You kill hundreds of trees with endless forms and documents. Minor paperwork issues can become major hiccups in an otherwise seamless process. Officials in other countries can make you borderline crazy. This child you love doesn't love you back. You are met with special needs you had no idea existed. Anything can take you off this perfect little adoption path you envisioned yourself skipping down...
But you never...ever...expect your own country to become your worst enemy!
I love that Jennifer includes quips from her own blog (check it out HERE!) throughout the book. I remembered reading them as they were happening, but loved getting more of the back story. Her thoughts, her feelings, seeing how Lucy progressed through it all, reading about all the people that were involved in bringing this tiny baby into her forever home. I kinda felt like I was there! One of my very favorite things is hearing about how the Lord creates families through adoption, sometimes crossing bridges we thought impassable in the process. I'm a tiny bit obsessed. I think all adoptive families should have to write a book when they get home....
I'm not gonna spoil the whole story for you, just know you should take time to read this book, cry with this family, and rejoice at how the Lord provides for them!
Go download or order it HERE now!! It's only $8.49 for the Kindle version!! Bonus: cute baby Lucy pics in the book!!


And a shameless adoption plug...if you have questions, need a great agency recommendation or just need a prayer buddy as you wade through tons of info and confusing processes that define adoption, please let me know. I'm an open book. And obviously we kinda do the adoption thing around here, so if you are thinking about it, I'm gonna be your biggest cheerleader!!
I digress.
Go get the book!!
No comments:
Post a Comment