Thursday, October 13, 2011

Actually.

Actually.  Pronounced ak-choo-uh-lee.  An adverb that means an actual or existing fact; really.

Actually, I have a 4-year-old who has a bad habit.

A bad habit of overusing the word "actually".  And when he says it, he usually puts both hands out to emphasize just what he means.  Which actually makes him just that much cuter.  Actually.

He says it when he's hungry...  "Actually, I think I need some candy." 
He says it when he needs something...  "I need the crayons actually."
He says it when you're wrong...  "Actually, I already put my backpack up." 
He says it when he's right...  "I'm gonna watch Tom & Jerry right now actually."
He says it when he's explaining himself...  "Actually, I did use my kind voice.  But Charlie just didn't use his kind voice actually."

Actually, he starts almost every sentence with "actually".

Kenny asked me where I think he picked it up from... 

And I actually have no idea where he picked it up.  Actually, I don't think I use the word that much...

"Actually we need to go this way."  And actually...he was right.
And it's all actually pretty funny when you think that two years ago, he barely knew any English.  Now he's using "actually" like a stinkin' pro!

No comments: