So, wanna know how our summer is shaping up??
Sleep, eat, go to the pool, play outside. Repeat.
So, you see, that's left little time for blogging. And my laptop is still under the weather. While that's a little annoying, it's given me no reason to waste endless hours on the computer. A plus for all involved.
To indulge your need for an informative post, let me give you an update on our youngest.
Oh, Sam.
He keeps us rolling. The funniest things come out of his mouth. All the time. And the funniest faces. He still tends to use far more words that necessary to convey his thoughts. As if he doesn't know which word to use, so he'll just use them all. So, like his brother, conversations tend to last longer than they really should.
Sam's most recent antics include wanting to know what we are doing next..."Mommy, after we eat, what we doin' next?" "We're gonna go to the library, buddy." "Mommy, after we go to library, what we doin' next?" "Coming back home." "Mommy, after we come home, what we doin' next?" "I have no idea." "Mommy, after that......what we doin' next? Mommy? MOMMY??" (usually I just wander off in order to avoid the barrage of questions)
Another line of questioning that is fairly common..."Mommy, whatcha eating?" "It's a granola bar." "What's a granola bar?" "It's my breakfast." "What's breakfast?" "It's what we eat in the morning." "What's the morning?" And on and on and on we go....
He's also fairly certain he doesn't need "sunscream"....I've given up trying to explain...."I don't need sunscream. I'm not hot yet, Mommy." Sunscream. Yeah.
He also doesn't like it if I'm reading a book, but he can't hear me. Usually it's when it's a book for me, so it's not necessary for me to read out loud to myself..."You're not reading, Mommy. I don't hear you talking."
I'll leave you with a conversation from tonight. He had been in his room serving a little time-out due to direct disobedience. I was going through my 30-second spill of obeying the first time Mommy says something, instead of the third and I notice he is chewing on something. We had eaten dinner about an hour ago, so I just assumed maybe he had stowed away some leftovers back there, as gross as that might be...
"What is in your mouth?"
Without so much as a pause..."A booger."
Pause for a little throw up in my mouth..............
"Go spit it out. Now. And go back to your room."
I was utterly disgusted that he was literally chewing on a booger. And my first response was to get him as far away as possible from me. Hence the return to his room.
He's all boy. My big 4-year-old-booger-chewing-motor-mouth-boy.
I still love him. How can you not when he wraps his arms around you and says, "Mommy, you look like a princess!!" while looking at my wedding picture hanging in the hall??
2 comments:
Hey- we use sunscream too!!
How can you not love that sweet, precious face?!!!!! in spite of his disgusting habits!!!!! Love ya'll! Mom (Gammy)
Post a Comment