Friday, June 18, 2010

A memorable day...er, weekend...

I am quite aware that Memorial Day Weekend was several weeks ago, but there were too many pictures not to share. And plus, it's my blog. So, even if I wanted to talk about Groundhog Day 1978, I would. Except I wasn't alive then. So, I won't.

We had quite the weekend with 12 people squished into our 1 bathroom house. Don't worry. They stayed at a hotel. But the bathroom thing is fairly significant since managing 12 hineys and 1 potty, even during the day, ended up to be quite the affair. But sorry. No pictures of that.


We took the family up to Huber Farm in Starlight, Indiana because it's one of our favorite places to go. And they have more than one bathroom. And really good fried chicken. We fed the ducks. Or rather tried to keep the boys from pelting them in the heads with the corn kernels. I'm almost 100% sure no ducks were harmed in the process.


They have these huge industrial sized tricycles...okay, maybe not actually industrial...but big enough to hold those of us above the age of 7 who felt the need to ride. People say my uncle and I act alike. I choose to think we are just really the only ones who truly know how to have fun. And we do act alike. Which if you know my Uncle Kerry, could be a slightly frightening.


They also have this huge tube slide built into the side of a hill. I'm not going to verify that I did or did not slide down it, but let's just say I'm on the lookout for a hill of my own to retrofit with a giant slide! And Gammy rode a plastic pig. I'll pay for that later...


And of course, we had to throw in a few water guns and a slip 'n slide. Things got a little out of hand with the water guns and before we knew it, people who had no intentions of getting wet were soaked. I take no responsibility though, because it was Papa who went and bought the superduper pack of water guns under the guise of them being for the kids. He just forgot to define "kids".


All in all it was a good weekend. We were missing one key component and I have no doubt she would have been on the trikes with me and one of the instigators of the water gun fight.............

3 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

You guys are great! I wish we lived closer. Still hoping for the day when we can meet up . . . May God continue to bless your family and your amazing ministry. We are honored to be your friends. Keep posting. And please tell your boys that we can't WAIT to get to know them . . .and that the Kizziahs think they are TWO COOL DUDES! :)

Lauren said...

please write a post about Groundhogs Day 1978. that would make my year.

The Cook Family said...

Lauren...despite my desire to document Groundhog's Day 1978, I really wouldn't even know where to begin... :)

And Katie...I wish we lived closer too! Everytime we are in Alabama, it seems every second is planned for us! We may just have to meet in the middle one day, just so our kids can meet!! :)