Can y'all believe it's DECEMBER?!? Really seems like I just took the Christmas tree down from last year! Speaking of Christmas, we put our tree up last weekend while Kenny's parents were visiting for Thanksgiving. I am loving Christmas decorations in our new house...having a decorated tree in the living room just makes the whole place feel more homey and inviting. (I would leave it up all year if it was up to me!)
We have had a busy couple of weeks...Kenny has finished up this semester of school and has welcomed the break by helping me cook dinner, taking evening naps and watching lots of football at night!! He will have a break from class until the end of January. I went on our annual women's retreat with the church a couple of weekends ago and it was a needed time to be with friends, spend time in the Word and listen to wise women teaching from God's word. I've had a rough time here lately just being homesick for friends and family and the weekend, which was appropriately themed "Called to Belong", really hit on our need as women for relationships and friendships. It made me think twice about how I am as a friend and family member to those around me and it hopefully will make me a less selfish person as God uses that information to grow and stretch me. Kenny's parents also visited over Thanksgiving and it was great to spend some time with them since we hadn't seen them for several months.
Hope you all have a great weekend!! Be sure to treat yourself to a nice Sunday afternoon nap tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment