As most of you know, Kenny and I both have a heart for international missions. Sometimes when I think about being overseas and all that it entails, it scares me to death!! Other times, I think about it and just ache to be able to go...now! And sometimes, just when you need it, God places opportunities right in front of you...
We found out Saturday night about an incredible opportunity for Kenny to go to Guatemala in January. Our church is starting a missions campaign for 2008 called "Millions to Missions" and one of the countries that we are beginning a partnership with is Guatemala. Some of the first few trips that will be taken will be men-only construction trips. Long story short, one of the men going from our campus in January was unable to go the week they needed him to go, so our pastor asked Kenny to take his spot on the trip. The timing of the trip is incredible because it is before classes began for the Spring semester, so Kenny won't miss any classes. Kenny is so excited to be able to go because it has been several years since he has been able to go on a mission trip. Please pray for a few specifics...
*Finances...that all will work out!
*For all of the men that are going...their safety and for their families as they are separated from them.
*For the people that the men will minister to as they are in Guatemala.
You guys are some of the greatest prayer warriors I know, so I know that we can depend on your prayers as Kenny prepares for this trip!!
-------------------------------
On a completely different note, and in case you were needing a good laugh for the night, Kenny and I were in the kitchen tonight cleaning up from dinner and joking around. I'm not sure exactly what happen, but for some reason I ended up sitting on the kitchen floor laughing my head off at something. Kenny was making a pot of coffee and was filling up the pot to pour into the coffee maker when he apparently decided that it would be a nifty idea to pour the entire 12 cups of water from the coffee pot into my lap and onto my head!!! So there I sat in the floor in my soaked pajamas, completely shocked that I was sitting in a puddle of water!! I know this is a side of Kenny that some of y'all don't see often, but it's just proof that he is as crazy as the rest of us! I love that crazy boy!! :)
1 comment:
still makes me laugh even after the 2nd go round!!
Loves ya'll and can't wait 'till Christmas!!!
Post a Comment