Our friends Chad & Amanda from Texas came to see family in Kentucky and flew into Louisville, giving us time to spend with them Tuesday night and again on Saturday afternoon. Chad is a childhood friend of Kenny's and the three of us attended Alabama together. It was great to get to know his sweet wife even more and we look forward to seeing them again VERY soon!! Love you guys!! (Hope y'all read this, Chad & Amanda!!)

Kenny's parents and sister, Megan, came in on Wednesday afternoon and were able to stay until Saturday. We had a blast cooking turkey and dressing (my first attempt, but I had a great helper...who am I kidding...Kenny's mom, Lisa did most of it!! Thanks!). We had turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, sweet potato casserole, green beans, black eye peas, cranberry sauce, pumpkin and pecan pie...hope you are jealous!! It was SO good! And we have enough leftovers for the week!! We introduced Lisa, Johnny and Megan to the game of the Mexican Train and after some confusion about numbers and colors (ha!) we had a blast into the wee hours of the morning! I can't believe that they stayed up until 2 AM playing dominos!! On Friday we went and got our Christmas tree and Lisa helped me decorate. I don't know about the rest of them, but I was so excited to have the tree up and to be able to decorate with family. That's how I grew up doing it and we haven't been able to have family tree decorating since we moved to Louisville. Isn't it beautiful?!?

On Friday night, my mom, dad and brother joined us for a wonderful dinner of Kenny's homemade spaghetti!! I was really glad that they were able to come up even if it was only for a short time. They left Saturday night, but not before me and mom were able to get some Christmas shopping done!!
I don't know what we would do with out the support of our family and friends and I (and Kenny, too) just want to thank all of you that took the time to make the trip to visit!! No matter how many hours you drove or flew, we were so blessed to see your smiling faces at our door! Please come back soon!! We love you all!!
2 comments:
Just to humor you and Kenny...The first time I read this I kept trying to think of a city called "Grand Central Station"...it took me about 2 reads to figure out all your family came to see yall! Family is a truly a blessing!
it wasn't grand central station b/c we weren't there!!! ahhh!! okay, only one more comment to go before i reach my status quo of five...I'm running out of things to say. and...i've noticed...that me and jessica are the only people that ever comment on these things!! now what does that say about the two of you?
Post a Comment