Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Two.

Today our sweet baby girl turns 2.

I can't help but mourn the 20 months of her life we missed, but whole heartily celebrate the 4 we have had with her.

Well, 3 months, 2 weeks and 1 day.

We've gone from being totally bottle fed to tolerating some solid foods (still working on that).  Barely moving at all to walking (almost running!) all over the place.  From no communication to following signs.  And imitating a few.  From a scrawny 13 lbs to almost 17.

She has grafted into our family almost perfectly.  Almost as if that was God's plan from the beginning.

Go figure.

She is funny.  She is feisty.  She has attitude.  She is tiny.  If it wasn't for the mouth full of teeth and the reasoning skills of a two-year-old, I might would think they were wrong about her age and should be turning just 1.  She is so stinkin' smart!



She has melted my two big boys into "Super Brothers" who are totally wrapped around their little sister's finger.  And the Daddy...well, let's just say he's pretty wrapped, too.  And completely in love.

I'm pretty smitten, as well.

I love how she wiggles her tongue when she laughs with her mouth wide open. 

I love how she cocks her head to one side and shakes her whole body when she is trying to get your attention. 

I love her attempt at signing with us, especially when she tries to tell me "no"! 

I love the way she sticks her little foot in the air when you come any where near her with a shoe....whether it's hers or not. 

I love how she tucks her little arm around me like a newborn when she is taking a bottle, to make sure she is as close to me as she can get. 

I love how she loves pasta and just simply tolerates veggies.

I love how she uses her tiny little finger to try to poke her hearing aid back in when it falls out.

I love how she stands at my feet, begging for puffs, while I cook dinner.

I love how just making eye contact with her can elicit the biggest smile ever.

I love how she brings me things she knows she's not supposed to be playing with.

I love how she loves ribbons, strings, bags, boxes, empty Mt. Dew bottles and any stuffed animal she can hug. 

I love how she gets to giggling at herself for no good reason.

I love how she loves to play "chase" with big brothers.

I love how she covers up her little face with her hands when she gets upset.  And then how she reaches for me to make it better. 

I love how she makes a little sound like a kitten when she is trying to tell you something important.

I love how she likes to play peek-a-boo anywhere, anytime.

I love how she looks at me when she hears something for the first time.

I love how she looks at me before she tries anything new.  And I especially love when she looks at me before she does something she knows she shouldn't.  As if to say, "Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?"

I just love her.

Ok, I'll stop.  You're all entitled to your opinions, but my kid is cuter than yours. 

Hands down.

Not too keen on the cupcake.  But she warmed up...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ellie Kate!!!

No comments: