Monday, August 19, 2013

My apologies. I've been busy.

I know, I know. I'm behind.

What can I say? Jumping to 3 kids has been an adjustment. (And those of you with 15 kids can laugh at me. Go ahead.)

Of course, adding one that makes as much laundry as the 4 of us previously did doesn't help things. My one kid poops as much as 15 kids combined. Does that count?

Here's a run down of the last few weeks....

Multiple doctor appointments. And various other appointments. I'll elaborate further with this later. Just know it's happening.

Kids Camp. Each year, we take our 3rd-6th graders from church to camp with all the church staff. It's always a highlight of the summer for the kids! And an exhausting 3 days. (Really just 49 hours. But who's counting, right??) Earlier in the summer, I was fairly certain I might be in China during Kids Camp. Instead EK just joined me and all the big kids in all our campy fun! She was a hit with all the girls as they ooooo'd and ahhhhh'd over her the whole time! EK enjoyed all the attention, Charlie had fun being a stinky boy and not taking showers and Sam got to spend a few days playing with different buddies.






We took our annual summer trip to Bama. You know, the one that is usually about 2 weeks long. But since we went to China, we just squeezed in 3 days of fun the last week of summer. (And our KY buddies Nicole, Grace and Emma joined us.) A brief synopsis: EK has no fear, which she showed us by crawling herself right out into a wave pool without a second look back. And she has now been introduced to all grandparents and several great grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Sam cannot be trusted to sleep in a room with multiple kids without waking up at least half of them at 3am. And Charlie is now taller than his grandmother and only has about a quarter of an inch (and that's generous) to catch up to me. And traveling in a car with five kids under 12 is always an adventure. Always. And a tad bit smelly.


 

Don't worry. I don't let Charlie leave the house looking like this. For fear of his life. But this is his preferred "ninja" look these days.

Visits from various family members. Cousin camp, visits to meet EK and visits because we just happen to be a good stop between Birmingham and Indianapolis. Either way, it's been good to spend time with everyone and hang out around home.





Note: I did a much better job staying put for a while ("cocooning"...for those of you familiar) when the boys came home, but I have found that a harder task this time around with big kids. Although we continue to to provide for all her needs, etc we have done more than I anticipated. She's such an easy going, rollin' with the punches baby!

I'm updating more as we speak...type...whatever...

So stay tuned. I'm serious this time!!

No comments: