They knew we had a surprise for the weekend, but I refused to give them any hints, which meant they literally bugged the snot out of me for the whole week before we went. I finally gave in and told them they would get their first hint at lunch time.
I drew a slide on each of their napkins that were in their lunch boxes. And Charlie had an extra note in his to keep an eye out for the next hint...
I "appeared" in the cafeteria about halfway through lunch with a bottle of water. And to check them out of school, which made Charlie so excited he literally forgot to finish eating his lunch!
In the car, they received the rest of the clues...But in the end, we had to tell them where we were going.
This was after the initial crazy excitement of finding out. And there was a little confusion about where we were actually going...needless to say, they were pumped!
We enjoyed our time all weekend, even letting them pick where we ate, except for Saturday night on the way home where I vetoed McDonald's for a second time that day. A girl has her limits, you know.
I still can't believe they've actually been home 3 years...
No comments:
Post a Comment