Starting with me getting older...yeah, I turned 26 the second of the month. Not a big deal, I know, but I look back and wonder...How did I get this old?!? Seems like yesterday I was at Pinson Elementary School running the mile and playing at field day or at Rudd Middle School playing softball and being a goofy 8th grader. But more importantly another year blessed by my one and true Savior!!
Kenny finished this semester of classes with an A and a B. Yea, Kenny!! You are so smart! He is taking the summer off from classes, but will pick back up in August.
The second week of May, Kenny and I made the drive to Birmingham for his college roommate's wedding. Kenny was a most handsome groomsman and we had fun catching up with friends that we hadn't seen since "The College Years". We were able to celebrate Mother's Day with both of our families during our short trip home, as well.
Then we puppy-sat for friends of ours for several days. They have a teacup Yorkie and I just had to include this picture so you could see how small she is...our neighbors got quite a laugh at Kenny walking this dog who may not even be as big as a guinea pig, complete with a tiny pink bow in her hair. We had fun with her, Dustin and Lindsay!Then I left Kenny here to be a bachelor for several days and I returned to Birmingham for...dinner with friends, 1 very difficult spin class, visiting with lots of family, an eye doctor appointment, 2 graduations, 1 graduation party, 2 surprise birthday parties, a movie, lunch with the girls and antiques, a ride on a firetruck complete with sirens and lights, visiting with new babies, and 1 round of Phase 10 in which I dominated!! Just to clarify things...the ride on the firetruck was because Katie's boyfriend Jared graduated from Fire College and was now able to drive the BIG truck. So, his fire chief let us come along on a spin around the neighborhood! And don't you worry about Kenny being by himself...he played plenty of golf and I'm sure had lots of naps during his time away from me.

Kim's Graduation Party

Mom Peg after a little too much......water?

Jana and her tiny family members, Kylie & Lauren (Scott & Aunt Dana, make sure y'all let them know they made "the blog"!)

Jared's Graduation Party...our better sides?

Jared, Jana & Katie after Jared's graduation
So, May is almost gone and summer awaits us...
I pray as each of you travel and move/go on mission trips/take vacations over the next couple of months, that God grants you safety and sanity, rest and relaxation, and fun and frolicking!
On a side "knee note" follow up...Kenny had an MRI for that freak knee accident with the vacuum cleaner a few weeks ago and he did have a slight tear in his meniscus, but nothing that required any on going treatment, just a little TLC from his wonderful wife, which he deserved from me anyway since I tried to kill him with the vacuum cleaner cord!
No comments:
Post a Comment